What’s It All About?
Veterinary Nursing Awareness Month (VNAM) is to spread the word about the importance of the veterinary nurse role within the veterinary practice and the provision of responsible pet care to the general public.
Here at Gilmoor, we have a fantastic team of passionate, caring and dedicated nurses to help you and your pets live happy and healthy lives.
Meet our nursing team!
- Registered Head Veterinary Nurses (HVN) Helen & Clare
- Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVN) Deborah, Hannah J & Josie
- Student Veterinary Nurses (SVN) Hannah M & Laurie
- Animal Nursing Assistants (ANA) Lauren & Sarah
- Kennel Assistant (KA) Lucy
The role of a HVN, RVN, SVN, ANA and KA is very demanding at times however, each one of our nursing team love their job and find it very rewarding at the end of the day, here are some of the things they do on a daily basis.
- Admission & discharge appointments
- Nurse clinics
- Reception work
- Anaesthesia monitoring
- Sedation monitoring
- Assisting vets in surgical procedures
- Assisting with euthanasia’s
- Taking & running in-house blood samples
- Supporting owners at difficult times
- Offering information and advice
- In-patient care
- Recovery monitoring