The best care requires great facilities, we hope that a visit to Gilmoor vets is comfortable and convenient for you and your pet. This begins before you walk through our door with premises which are easy to locate and readily available car parking at all three sites. Each branch is also sited by a major bus route with safe pedestrian access.
Our central branch at Durham has an air conditioned waiting room and our consulting rooms across both our main branches are also air conditioned for yours and your pets comfort. We work hard to make sure you and your pets visit is stress free. Our central branch has separate seating areas for dogs, cats and rabbits/small mammals and our quieter branch surgeries provide ample seating to give your pet the space they need.
Behind the scenes, we have a fully equipped laboratory with same day service on a wide range of blood and other laboratory tests. Our diagnostic services include digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, in house cytology and ECG.
Our surgeons are provided with the high quality tools and training necessary to perform surgery to our high standards. Why not view our facilities photo gallery and pets eye view videos to see for yourself?
Consultation, Waiting Rooms and Reception:
- 4 consulting rooms with a separate, quieter room and adjoining seating area for use during the day
- Large, light and airy waiting area with sections to avoid need for small mammals/exotics, cats and dogs to sit together
- Fully computerised record system for clear, accurate record keeping and pricing (real-time communication between all 3 sites)
- Payments accepted by most major credit/debit cards (not Amex)
- Items for sale include collars, leads, toys and specialised diets
- Digital Radiography
- In-House laboratory for rapid blood testing and microscopy
- Ultrasound for scanning for pregnancy diagnosis as well as diagnosing certain medical conditions
- Endoscopy for examination of nose, mouth, alimentary tract without the need for surgery (where applicable)
- Heart investigations and monitoring – ECG and blood pressure measuring
- 2 Operating Theatres
- Full gaseous anaesthesia and monitoring equipment
- Separate area for dental treatments requiring anaesthesia using high speed drill, ultrasound scaling and electric polisher
- Dedicated warm and quiet recovery area following anaesthesia
Hospitalisation and Kennelling:
- Separate dog, cat and small mammal/exotic including intensive care facilities
- Isolation Ward and Kennels so minimal risk of cross-infection
- Outside runs and exercise yard
Access and Amenities:
- Large enclosed car park with toileting area for dogs
- Ramped access for all clients to main reception doors
- Easy wheelchair access to all reception and consulting areas
- Toilet (disabled) with access direct from waiting area
- Bus stop immediately outside main gates
Our team can also provide advice and referral to a number of specialist veterinary surgeons for treatments not provided by ourselves.